Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Wonder...

I don't feel beautiful today.  I haven't felt beautiful for the past couple of weeks. Why does beauty mean so much to me?  At the end of the day, if I accomplish everything on my to do list, but don't feel beautiful, I find it difficult to celebrate my victories.  On the other hand, if nothing goes well that day, and I look in the mirror and see my beautiful reflection, my spirit gleams with pride and I say "At least I looked good!"

What if I stopped praying "God, help me know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm beautiful" and started praying "God, show me what is more valuable than my beauty?"

I wonder....

"May I never boast except in the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ" Galations 6:14a

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So true...when we are overwhelmed with Him our beauty (which we know is there) suddenly doesn't matter anymore! Thank you Priscilla I like how you articulated that prayer.

    ReplyDelete